Is there a document showing the submission process?
Yes. You can download a PDF giving detailed instructions on how to apply here: Download
How do I create a new account?
When you click on the Grant Application link, you will be redirected to the GNWKCF Logon Page. If you are a first time applicant, you will need to click on the button “Create New Account” and complete the following information:
- Legal name of the organization
- Tax ID / Federal Employee ID Number (FEIN)
- Organization telephone number
- Organization email address
- Main organization mailing address (including city, state, zip)
Then click the Next button
- Main contact’s name, title, phone number, and address
- Email address for main contact (NOTE – this becomes the username for the account logon)
Then click the Next button
- Answer Yes or No to whether or not you are the executive officer.
- If No, click Next to enter that information
- If Yes, click Next to continue to add additional executive officer information if needed
Then create a password and confirm the password (note that it must be at least 6 characters long)
Click CREATE ACCOUNT
You will then be prompted to confirm whether or not you have received an email that the account was created successfully. Check your email. If you do not receive the confirmation, be sure to check your SPAM or Junk Mail folder. You can continue without receiving this email; however, if it is not confirmed, you may miss important updates or notifications sent via email.
Contact us at 785-734-2406 or email@example.com if you have questions.
How do I modify or access an existing account?
When you click on the Grant Application link, you will be redirected to the GNWKCF Logon Page. If an application has been submitted on behalf of the organization before, you have two choices:
- Use the existing account information to apply
- Create a new logon for the applicant
It is always preferable to use an existing account if the organization has received prior funding; however, we understand that some organizations will have more than one person apply for funds. In these cases, each individual may create a unique logon for the organization. As long as the same FEIN number is noted, GNWKCF can combine the accounts on the back-end of the system. In this case, just follow the process to create a new logon.
If you want to use an existing account but cannot recall the logon information, click on the “FORGOT PASSWORD” button to have a password reset. If you do not remember the email account associated with the account, please call our office for assistance at 785-734-2406 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
May I use the same email account for multiple organization accounts?
We understand that in rural Kansas, it is not uncommon for one individual to help write grants for multiple organizations. Unfortunately, the grant application portal will only allow one email address to be used for one organization account.
There is a new option to use a “Collaboration” feature in the grant management portal. Click HERE to read how to use this feature.
How do I know if someone from my organization has already applied for funding?
If you believe there is an existing account setup for your organization but do not have that information, you can contact our office at 785-734-2406 or email@example.com to request assistance.
What information is needed to complete the application?
At a minimum, you will need the following:
- Federal Tax ID Number
- 501(c)(3) verification letter from the IRS (exception – Governmental, Educational or Religious Entities)
- Board member list