About the Foundation
The Foundation became an affiliate of Greater Northwest Kansas Community Foundation on January 1, 2022.
FALL application cycle open August 10- September 30
RCACF accepts grant applications at the following times:
- Hansen Community Grant Application for Russell County: Spring applications from February 1 through March 31 and Fall applications from August 1 through September 31.
- Russell County Disaster Relief Fund open continuously and reviewed as needed.
- Russell Area Youth Activities Fund open continuously and reviewed as needed. When applying for the first time as an individual, you will need to enter a number for EIN. In this case, please use 11-1111111.
- All other RCACF Grants are accepted during the same application periods (Spring and Fall) through the RCACF – Universal Grant Application.
Making a Donation
If you would like to donate to the Russell County Disaster Relief Fund, you can contribute through any of these methods:
- Donate now securely online at: Donate Online
- Mail your donation to RCACF, c/o GNWKCF, PO Box 593, Bird City, KS 67731 (specify Russell County Disaster Relief Fund in the memo).
- Drop a check off at the Russell County Area Community Foundation office at 507 N. Main Street in Russell.
We are forever grateful for the support of these generous donors who heard the story and believed in the vision of the Russell County Area Community Foundation.
Individuals and Families
- Dolores Y. & Robert L. Earnest
- Patrick & Elaine Hilger
- Catherine Holland
- Michael & Nancy Holland
- Max Horn
- Leon & Christina Huxman
- Leo & Alma Michaelis
- Michael & Tonya Murphy
- Martin Myers
- Henry & Marjorie Pohlman
- Starr F. Schlobohm
- Dr. Wallace N. Weber
- Fred Weigel, Jr.
United National Bank