About the Foundation
The Foundation became an affiliate of Greater Northwest Kansas Community Foundation on January 1, 2022.
FALL application cycle open August 10- September 30
RCACF accepts grant applications at the following times:
- Hansen Community Grant Application for Russell County: Spring applications from February 1 through March 31 and Fall applications from August 1 through September 31.
- Russell County Disaster Relief Fund open continuously and reviewed as needed.
- Russell Area Youth Activities Fund open continuously and reviewed as needed. When applying for the first time as an individual, you will need to enter a number for EIN. In this case, please use 11-1111111.
- All other RCACF Grants are accepted during the same application periods (Spring and Fall) through the RCACF – Universal Grant Application.
A Project / Request Budget Template is required for all grants. Click HERE to download the budget template in an excel format and Click HERE to download as a fillable PDF.
Making a Donation
If you would like to donate to the Russell County Disaster Relief Fund, you can contribute through any of these methods:
- Donate now securely online at: Donate Online
- Mail your donation to RCACF, c/o GNWKCF, PO Box 593, Bird City, KS 67731 (specify Russell County Disaster Relief Fund in the memo).
- Drop a check off at the Russell County Area Community Foundation office at 507 N. Main Street in Russell.
Click HERE for additional information about making or planning a gift.
We are forever grateful for the support of these generous donors who heard the story and believed in the vision of the Russell County Area Community Foundation.
Individuals and Families
- Dolores Y. & Robert L. Earnest
- Patrick & Elaine Hilger
- Catherine Holland
- Michael & Nancy Holland
- Max Horn
- Leon & Christina Huxman
- Leo & Alma Michaelis
- Michael & Tonya Murphy
- Martin Myers
- Henry & Marjorie Pohlman
- Starr F. Schlobohm
- Dr. Wallace N. Weber
- Fred Weigel, Jr.
United National Bank
RCACF Information Brochure
RCACF Benefits of Charitable Giving
Give a Gift of Grain – Donation Brochure