High school seniors living in Gorham Telephone Company’s service area (USD 299, 392, 399, 407 and 432)
- Applicants should be high school seniors living in areas served by the following school districts: USD 299, 392, 399, 407 and 432. (Applicants may apply from either public or private schools).
- Applicants must display a strong sense of community involvement and leadership.
- Applicant must submit an essay (100 words or less) that outlines his/her major accomplishments, and a challenging experience and how it affected him/her.
- Applicant must submit two letters of recommendation-one from a high school faculty member and one from a community leader. Each response will address the following questions:
- What is your relationship with the applicant?
- What do you consider to be the applicant’s strengths?
- What do you consider to be the applicant’s weaknesses?
- Does the applicant exhibit leadership skills? Please explain.
- Is there any other information the scholarship committee should know about the applicant?
Students may apply for renewal as part of the total applicant pool by meeting the following requirements:
- Recipients must continue to show a strong sense of community involvement and leadership.
- Applicants must maintain a minimum 2.5 cumulative GPA.