Norton County Community Foundation
The Foundation became affiliated with GNWKCF in 2013 and is now an Agency Foundation with select funds managed by GNWKCF. NCCF gives residents an opportunity to invest in their community through wills, trusts, life insurance and gifts. It benefits the giver, the gift is forever and every dollar is used to benefit Norton County.
- Dane G. Hansen Foundation Community Grant Fund for Norton County
- To date, Norton County is one of 26 counties in northwest Kansas that has been awarded 14 rounds of $50,000 grants from the Dane G. Hansen Foundation, with 12 of those county funds established through the Greater Northwest Kansas Community Foundation. This grant fund was established in March 2015 to allow qualifying 501(c)(3) nonprofit organizations; or educational, governmental or religious institutes per IRS, to apply for funding assistance for projects intended for Norton County benefit. Qualifying entities may apply online; grants are awarded through a competitive application process. The Hansen Foundation has guaranteed additional rounds of funding to continue through 2025, providing continual county-wide participation in the Norton County Strategic Doing Initiative, but this funding will adjust to $25,000 increments as of April 2022. For criteria and application information, click here.
Click HERE to see a list of all grants awarded from January 2017 to April 2019.
- Norton County Endowment Fund
The Norton County Endowment Fund was established in 2013 to provide financial support for projects and needs for Norton County and the communities within; making accessible through a grant-making application process. In 2016, the Fund grew quickly as a result of the Dane G. Hansen Foundation $1 for $1 Match Month campaign to raise $50,000. The challenge was successfully met and the Hansen Foundation has agreed to offer their matching initiative every year through 2025.
- Colette and Mick Miller Family Fund
- Della Connell Scholarship Fund
- Glenn & Wilda Bowman Family Scholarship Fund
- James and Barbara Johnson Family Fund
- Jim and Lida Sharp Family Fund
- Leap of FaithE Foundation Fund
- NCHS Alumni Association Scholarship Fund
- Norton Area Child Care Association Endowment Fund
- Norton County Community Foundation Administrative Funds for Match Month, Strategic Doing and Hansen Grants
- Norton County Community Foundation Operating Endowment Fund
- Norton County Community Service Association Endowment Fund
- Norton County Health Department Fund
- Norton Rotary Scholarship Fund
- Norton Theatre Endowment Fund
- Youth Skilled Therapy Assistance Fund
- Donor Advised Funds (DAF’s)
Donors receive charitable gift receipts for the contributions to their established DAF. The fund is normally named in someone’s memory or established as a “Family Fund”, however, the donor(s) may personalize as they wish. The donor(s) are setup as the advisors to their Fund, which allows them to make all grant recommendations from their DAF. Grant recommendations must be to qualifying charitable 501(c)(3) organizations, educational, government or religious entities per IRS rules. The donor(s) may name succeeding generations as successor advisors or transition it to the Foundation to advise over upon donor(s) death.
Contact one of our Norton County Community Foundation board members or staff to learn more, or contact GNWKCF directly at 785-734-2406.