Greater Northwest Kansas Community Foundation
*Hansen Community CLEAN-UP Grant Fund Application*
The Dane G. Hansen Foundation announced on July 10, 2017 that there is approximately $80,000 in unused Clean-Up grant funds earmarked for the 10-county area including: Cheyenne, Decatur, Gove, Logan, Norton, Rawlins, Sheridan, Sherman, Thomas and Wallace. These unused funds are being made available to applicants in this area on a first-come, first-serve basis for an amount up to $10,000 per applicant. Applications will be accepted until all Clean-Up Funding is awarded.
NOTE: This is a REIMBURSEMENT grant. After an application has been approved, the work must be completed prior to payment of the grant funds.
Grants are made to nonprofit organizations exempt from federal taxation under Section 501(c)(3) of the Internal Revenue Code; and Educational, Governmental, and Religious Institutions. Grants are not made to individuals or businesses.
Applicants previously awarded a Hansen Clean-Up Grant may apply again for funding provided the previous awarded grant project has been completed and the final report submitted.
Please note – there are many nonprofit organizations that fall under a different IRS tax code that are not eligible. Please look into this prior to filling out your application.
COMMUNITY CLEAN-UP GRANT OBJECTIVES
- Beautify communities for current residents and to help with recruitment of new residents.
- Eliminate financial barrier to clean-up projects such as land fill fees and equipment rental.
- Promote community pride and encourage volunteerism.
Grants can be used for:
- tools & equipment
- equipment rental
- dumpster rental
- landfill fees
- other consumable supplies
- refreshments/meals for volunteers
Grants are not intended for the removal of unsafe structures or landscaping projects.
Labor for the clean-up events should primarily be provided by volunteers. If necessary, some funds can pay for labor that requires particular skills or certifications.
Grants will be paid to the county, City or a qualified organization following the event. The sponsoring organization will submit receipts within 10 days of the clean-up event.
A final report will be submitted that includes:
- Organization or entity that hosted/organized the event
- A brief description of the structure of the event
- After pictures
- Information regarding the projects accomplished
- The number of volunteers that participated
- Suggestions for future clean-up events
- Additional community beautification projects identified
REQUIRED DOCUMENTS TO BE UPLOADED
- List of organization’s board members and their board positions
- Budget sheet for project breakdown – download and complete: GNWKCF-Hansen-Clean-Up-Budget-Sheet
- Organization’s IRS 501(c)(3) determination letter (exception – Governmental, Educational or Religious Entities)
- Before Photos (1 required but up to 3)
Applicants must submit an online application; paper applications will not be accepted.