*GROW Decatur County Foundation Grant Application*
GROW Decatur County Foundation Fund
The GROW Decatur County Foundation has funds available to approve grants up to $500. Grant applications are due by the first day of each month and will continue until the funds are depleted or through December 30 of the current year.
Grants must be submitted online HERE. Paper copies will not be accepted.
A final report will be required from all grant recipients. The due date for your final report will be announced in your award letter. Any unused funds shall be returned to the GROW Decatur County Foundation.
Applicants must serve the geographic area of Decatur County Kansas. Grants are made to nonprofit organizations exempt from federal taxation under Section 501(c)(3) of the Internal Revenue Code; and Educational, Governmental, and Religious Institutions. Grants are not made to individuals or businesses.
Please note – there are many nonprofit organizations that fall under a different IRS tax code that are not eligible. Please look into this prior to filling out your application.
Grant requests for program or projects to address any of the following areas:
- Community Improvement
- Other areas will be considered on a case-by-case basis
Grants are not awarded for operating expenses.
REQUIRED DOCUMENTS TO BE UPLOADED
- Budget Justification Spreadsheet – click HERE to download the excel template
- Most recent bank statement
- Board of Directors / Officers List
- Organization’s IRS 501(c)(3) determination letter (exception – Governmental, Educational or Religious Entities)
- Letters of Support (2 are required)
- Letter from property owner or DADF approval letter may be added as an optional third letter of support
A final report will be due following completion of your project; required documentation will include:
- Receipts of expenditures
- A picture of the project / outcome
- A summary of how the grant funds were utilized
- Results or outcomes of the grant project
ABOUT THE FUND
In November 2016, the GROW Decatur County Foundation Fund was established through utilizing a matching campaign initiative offered through the Dane G. Hansen Foundation. Incoming donations into this endowment fund were matched $1 for $1 up to $50,000. The Decatur County communities, alumni and friends, stepped up to the challenge and exceeded their portion of the incoming contributions by more than double; raising approximately $115,000 prior to adding in the Hansen’s $50,000 match. In 2017, local support came through once again and the fund has since passed the $280,000 mark! As this endowment fund continues to grow, a percentage of the fund balance will be made available annually to benefit Decatur County through grants dollars to help support projects throughout the county and communities within.