The GROW Decatur County Foundation has funds available to approve grants up to $2,000. Grant applications are due by the first day of each month and will continue until the funds are depleted or through December 1 of the current year. The GROW Board encourages applicants to shop local. Please keep this in mind when completing the application.
Grants must be submitted online HERE. Paper copies will not be accepted. A final report will be required from all grant recipients. The due date for your final report will be announced in your award letter. Any unused funds shall be returned to the GROW Decatur County Foundation, c/o GNWKCF, PO Box 593, Bird City, KS 67731.
Applicants must serve the geographic area of Decatur County Kansas. Grants are made to nonprofit organizations exempt from federal taxation under Section 501(c)(3) of the Internal Revenue Code; and Educational, Governmental, and Religious Institutions. Grants are not made to individuals or businesses.
Please note – there are many nonprofit organizations that fall under a different IRS tax code that are not eligible. Please look into this prior to filling out your application.
Grant requests for program or projects to address any of the following areas:
- Community Improvement
- Other areas will be considered on a case-by-case basis
Grants are not awarded for operating expenses.
Required documents to be uploaded
- Budget Justification Spreadsheet – click HERE to download the excel template
- Most recent bank statement
- Board of Directors / Officers List
- Organization’s IRS 501(c)(3) determination letter (exception – Governmental, Educational or Religious Entities)
- Letters of Support (2 are required)
- Letter from property owner or DADF approval letter may be added as an optional third letter of support
A final report will be due following completion of your project; required documentation will include:
- Receipts of expenditures
- A picture of the project / outcome
- A summary of how the grant funds were utilized
- Results or outcomes of the grant project
How much funding is available?
The GROW Decatur County Foundation Endowment Fund, based on the establishing documents of the fund, can award fund earnings at the rate of 5% of the average 3-year-end fund balance. This amount varies each year.