The Gove County Community Foundation accepts grant applications from the Grow Gove County Fund from May 1 to June 30 annually. Funding decisions are announced by August 1. Applicants are encouraged to allow local / county vendors and businesses to bid on material and labor for projects and to indicate this within the proposal.
Grants must be submitted online HERE. Paper copies will not be accepted. A final report will be required from all grant recipients. The due date for your final report will be announced in your award letter. Any unused funds shall be returned to the Gove County Community Foundation, c/o GNWKCF, PO Box 593, Bird City, KS 67731.
Applicants must serve the geographic area of Gove County Kansas. Grants are made to nonprofit organizations exempt from federal taxation under Section 501(c)(3) of the Internal Revenue Code; and Educational, Governmental, and Religious Institutions. Grants are not made to individuals or businesses.
Please note – there are many nonprofit organizations that fall under a different IRS tax code that are not eligible. Please look into this prior to filling out your application.
Required documents to be uploaded
- Budget Justification Spreadsheet – click HERE to download the excel template
- Most recent bank statement
- Board of Directors / Officers List
- Organization’s IRS 501(c)(3) determination letter (exception – Governmental, Educational or Religious Entities)
- Letters of Support (1 required, 2 additional optional but encouraged)
- Additional Documentation (optional – only one file may be attached)
A final report will be due following completion of your project; required documentation will include:
- Receipts of expenditures
- A picture of the project / outcome
- A summary of how the grant funds were utilized
- Results or outcomes of the grant project
How much funding is available?
The Grow Gove County Fund, based on the establishing documents of the fund, can award fund earnings at the rate of 5% of the average 3-year-end fund balance. This amount varies each year.