*St. Francis New Generation Fund Grant Application*
The Foundation accepts applications from March 1-March 31 of the current year.
St. Francis New Generation Endowment Fund
This Fund mirrors the previous New Generation Fund, Inc. as an endowment fund. Therefore, only the earnings (no principal) from this fund can be spent for charitable purposes for the betterment of St. Francis. Currently, the goal is to spend the earnings at the rate of 5% of the average 3-year-end Fund balance. A portion of the earnings may also be utilized for necessary expenses to educate and promote the work of the Fund.
Applications are accepted one time per year as announced by the board each January. Grant applications are accepted annually from March 1 to midnight on March 31. Awards will be announced by May 1. Grant applications are not accepted outside of this time frame.
Applicants must serve the geographic area of St. Francis Kansas. Grants are made to nonprofit organizations exempt from federal taxation under Section 501(c)(3) of the Internal Revenue Code; and Educational, Governmental, and Religious Institutions. Grants are not made to individuals or businesses.
Please note – there are many nonprofit organizations that fall under a different IRS tax code that are not eligible. Please look into this prior to filling out your application.
A final report will be submitted that includes:
- Receipts of expenditures
- A picture of the project / outcome
- A summary of how the grant funds were utilized
- Results or outcomes of the grant project
- Unused grant funds must be returned to CCKCF, c/o GNWKCF, PO Box 593, Bird City, KS 67731
REQUIRED DOCUMENTS TO BE UPLOADED
- List of organization’s board members and their board positions
- Organization’s IRS 501(c)(3) determination letter (exception – Governmental, Educational or Religious Entities)
- Letters of Support (optional)
Applicants must submit an online application; paper applications will not be accepted.